Stuckey (6-1, 205) is from Kansas City, KS, and will be a senior next season. He was an all-Big 12 first-teamer in 20, making 98 tackles (second on the team) while leading the team with five interceptions and ranking second with seven passes broken up.
Stuckey started all 13 games for the Jayhawks, including a monster game versus The Slavers in which he recorded six tackles, two interceptions, one pass break- up, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery. He was named Big 12 co-defensive player of the week for his trouble.
After the 2008 season, Stuckey earned the team's co-Leadership Award for his high level of community involvement, along with the Iron Hawk award for his dedication in the weight room. He also was tabbed the team's special teams player of the year.
The Lott Trophy is named after NFL Hall of Famer Ronnie Lott. It's awarded to college football's defensive IMPACT Player of the Year. The Lott Trophy is the only college football award to equally recognize athletic performance and the personal character attributes of the player. The award is sponsored by the Pacific Club IMPACT Foundation.
The winner will be announced at the Pacific Club, Newport Beach, CA, on December 13.
Last year, former Jayhawks Russell Brorsen and John Larson were Lott Watch List selections.
2009 Lott Trophy Watch List
- Mike Anello, DB, Notre Dame, Sr., 5-10, 170 (Orland Park, Ill.)
- Pat Angerer, LB, Iowa, Sr., 6-1, 232 (Bettendorf, Iowa)
- Matthew Bauman, LB, BYU, Sr., 6-1, 232 (Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Patrick Benoist, LB, Vanderbilt, Sr., 6-0, 222 (Southlake, Texas)
- Eric Berry, DB, Tennessee, So., 5-11, 195 (Fairburn, Ga.)
- Alex Carrington, DE, Arkansas State, Sr., 6-5, 275 (Tupelo, Miss.)
- Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama, Sr., 6-5, 365 (Ft, Myers, Fla.)
- Reggie Carter, LB, UCLA, Sr., 6-1, 240 (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Harry Coleman, LB, LSU, Sr., 6-2, 205 (Baldwin, La.)
- Kurt Coleman, S, Ohio State, Sr., 5-11, 188 (Clayton, Ohio)
- Rennie Curran, LB, Georgia, Jr., 5-11, 228 (Snellville, Ga.)
- Brian Duncan, LB, Texas Tech, Sr., 6-1, 238 (Baton Rogue, La.)
- Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan, Sr., 6-2, 270 (Detroit, Mich.)
- Mark Herzlich, LB, Boston College, Jr., 6-4, 238 (Wayne, Pa.)
- Jerry Hughes, DE, TCU, Sr., 6-3, 267 (Sugar Land, Texas)
- Jeremy Jarmon, DE, Kentucky, Jr., 6-3, 268 (Collierville, Tenn.)
- Greg Jones, LB, Mi chigan State, Jr., 6-1, 222 (Cincinnati, Ohio)
- Jan Jorgensen, DE, BYU, Jr., 6-3, 260, (Helper, Utah)
- Keaton Kristick, LB, Oregon State, Sr., 6-3, 226 (Fountain Hills, Ariz.)
- Sean Lee, LB, Penn State, Sr. 6-2, 236 (Pittsburgh, Pa.)
- Taylor Mays, S, USC, Jr., 6-4, 225 (Seattle, Wash.)
- Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama, Jr., 6-4, 249 (Decatur, Ala.)
- Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma, Jr., 6-4, 300 (Oklahoma City, Okla.)
- Bo McNally, S, Stanford, Sr., 6-0, 210 (Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech, Jr., 6-4, 270 (Coatsville, Pa.)
- Roddrick Muckelroy, LB, Texas, Sr., 6-2, 235 (Hallsville, Texas)
- Mike Nixon, LB, Arizona State, Sr., 6-3, 227 (Phoenix, Ariz.)
- Eric Norwood, DE, South Carolina, Jr., 6-0, 258 (Acworth, Ga.)
- Vince Oghobaase, DT, Duke, Sr., 6-6, 300 (Houston, Texas)
- Jeff Owens, DT, Georgia, Sr., 6-3, 298 (Sunrise, Fla.)
- Joe Pawelek, LB, Baylor, Sr., 6-2, 240 (San Antonio, Texas)
- George Selvie, DE, South Florida, Jr., 6-4, 242 (Pensacola, Fla.)
- Brandon Spikes, LB, Florida, Jr., 6-3, 245 (Shelby, N.C.)
- Darrell Stuckey, DB, Kansas, Sr., 6-1, 205 (Kansas City, Kan.)
- Ndamukong Suh, DE, Nebraska, Sr., 6-4, 300 (Portland, Ore.)
- Syd'Quan Thompson, DB, Cal, Sr., 5-9, 187 (Sacramento, Calif.)
- Alterraun Verner, DB, UCLA, Jr., 5-11, 178 (Carson, Calif.)
- Ward, T.J., DB, Oregon, Sr., 5-11, 200 (Antoch, Calif.)
- Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri, Jr., 6-1, 230 (Jasper, Texas)
- Ryan Winterswyk, DE, Boise State, Sr., 6-4, 258 (La Habra, Calif.)
- Reed Williams, LB, Sr., West Virginia, 6-1, 228 (Moorefieild, WVa.)
- Corey Wootton, DE, Sr., Northwestern, 6-7, 270 (Rutherford, N.J.)