* The starting offensive line is going to have the size of a real, honest-to-God Big 12 offensive line. Or at least it could. From left to right, the Kansas hogs could go 300 (Tanner Hawkinson), 306 (Duane Zlatnik), 303 (Trevor Marrongelli), 360 (Aslam Sterling) and 305 (Riley Spencer).
Of particular note there are Hawkinson and Marrongelli. This is the first time either have topped the 300-pound barrier, and if Hawkinson is any indication - he looked fit as a fiddle at Big 12 Media Days - it's all good weight.
* Newcomer Josh Ford, a JUCO receiver, is going to be a huge target. He measured in at 6-foot-3 and 211 pounds.
* For that matter, so is JUCO tight end Charles Brooks, who at 6-foot-6 tipped the scales at 240.
* Spring sensation Michael Reynolds has buffed up to 240 pounds, and stands 6-foot-1.
* Big John Williams is back to 300 pounds. If fully healthy, he's got the size to play nose and unusual quickness for the position. Throw in the three JUCO transfers - Ty McKinney (310), Keon Stowers (290) and Jordan Tavai (290) - and the group should be, on the surface at least, much better suited to physically contend in the Big 12 than the line of a year ago.
* Fifth-year DE transfer Josh Williams is 6-foot-4, 255 pounds.
* The defensive backfield is going to have a lot of size and speed. Victor Simmons is all the way up to 206 pounds and stands a hair's breadth shy of 6-foot-2. Bradley McDougald is 6-foot-1, 209. Lubbock Smith is 5-foot-10 and 200 pounds. Greg Brown is 5-foot-10.5 and 185. The two freshman corners - Greg Allen and Tyree Williams - are 204 and 193 pounds respectively.
* Defensive end Keba Agostinho is a rock-solid 280 pounds at 6-foot-2.
Much more to come from today's first press conference of the 2012 season!